Monday, August 11, 2014

KeepItKittenish's Review On Younique Cosmetics/ 3D Fiber Lash Mascara

Jennifer Fowler, A representative with Younique Cosmetics, contacted me and wanted me to blog about her makeup! I was absolutely honored! At first, I was skeptical of course, as with any product line (I'm not really the type to step outside of the box too often) but I figured hey.. what do I have to lose here? BOY was I WRONG! I am in LOVE with Younique Cosmetics! Let me tell you ... I have figured out why some of you have "spider lash" which is why I didn't purchase this item honestly. They tell you to use a coat of your favorite mascara first before applying the Transplanting Gel..well.. that's where you can ruin EVERYTHING! If you use a mascara with any kind of "volume building" properties whatsoever.. You're setting yourself up for disaster! I used Maybelline's Lash Stiletto, for length ONLY, which was perfect! You see... Younique's Fiber Lash 3D Mascara builds your lashes up to 300X their original volume and length. That's about all your lashes can handle... anything more than that makes you have "Spider Lash" instead of gorgeous false looking lashes! Now.. on to my reviews! 


First of all... lets talk about how excited I was when I opened my bag of goodies! :-D I received three of Younique's Moodstruck Mineral Pigment, one Younique Lucrative Lipgloss (yes... that's a friggin mirror on the lip gloss itself.. BRILLIANT), a lash and brow comb, Younique's Glamorous Natural Face & Eye Mineral Makeup Primer and the FABULOUS 3D Fiberlash Mascara! I do NOT hate one of these.. At. All. 


First, I want to talk about this fabulous lip gloss! I'm obsessed and its all I have been wearing over lipstick and alone for the past two days! It glides on so smooth! The packaging is gorgeous! Its in a beautiful glass tube, has a flexible sponge-tip applicator and there is a mirror on the side of the tube! I love how it feels.. and it has no scent whatsoever (to me anyway). Might be my new favorite gloss! It retails for $15 a piece or 3 lip glosses for $40! This lip gloss is drugstore price and wears like my Christian Dior glosses! 



Second, lets discuss these Moodstruck Mineral Pigments.. wow! Pigmented isn't even the word! I used a teeny tiny bit to get these swatches.. my favorite is Confident! Its a coppery brown with tons of shimmer! Its gorgeous! I'm also a huge fan of Sexy for a lid color! Its a pretty shimmery pink but its kind of translucent which is perfect for a lid.. especially in the summertime! The center color, Angelic, is a shimmery white which would be perfect to highlight under your brow or in your inner corners to make your eyes pop! These can also be used as a hair chalk and can be mixed in nail polishes! Pretty cool, huh? The pigments retail for $10 a piece or 4 pigments for $35. These are definitely pretty pigmented and create gorgeous true to tone swatches.. with or without primer! 


This primer is one of my FAVORITE primers I have ever used! Its amazing! Younique's Glorious Natural Face & Eye Mineral Makeup Primer! This glides on so smooth! To me.. its more of a serum than a traditional primer that we are used to slopping all over our face. It goes on clear and is Hypoallergenic! Most of their cosmetics are by the way! My favorite was that its a two in one product! Its for your eyes and your face! My makeup lasted all day and my shadows did not crease at all! Win win for me! This primer retails for $39.


Ok... here it is folks.. the one you have all been waiting for. My review on Younique's 3D Fiber Lash Mascara! Well... I really don't have to say anything... the pictures say it all! As I've said before... I've seen SO many girls who rock this mascara and look AWFUL! As a makeup artist... I know that putting too much volumizing mascara on someones lashes can end up disastrous... never mind when your putting fibers on top of that as well. Yikes. Spikes. hehe Here are my steps...

1. Start with fresh, clean and dry lashes.
2. Apply one coat of any lengthening mascara of your choice.. nothing that builds volume. 
3. Open both tubes and hold them in your non-dominant hand. 
4. Once the mascara is dry.. apply Younique's Transplanting Gel to one eye (you need to do one eye at a time here).
5. While the Transplanting Gel is still wet... apply fibers to lashes. 
6. Apply Transplanting Gel one more time over the fibers to lock them in place. 

These photos were taken using only the steps above. If I end up daring to add more fibers I will post pictures on Twitter and Instagram, but my lashes were already touching my eyebrows haha

All in all.. I would rate Younique's cosmetics an 8 out of 10. That is with 10 being my favorite of all time that knocks my socks off! Younique is a fabulous makeup line! Most of their cosmetics are hypoallergenic which is fantastic and you can wear the mascara even if you are a contact lens wearer like myself! 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact MY distributor, Jennifer Fowler, at @Get3DLash on twitter or Jennifer Fowler on Facebook! 

Thank you all so much for reading my blog.. remember.. Keep it Kittenish 




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review! I'm so glad you love the products (which I knew you would!) Everyone can visit my site to get their Younique products at www.get3dlash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the Younique Products! I first tried the 3D Fiber Mascara and it was amazing...I love the Primer, the pigments and the lip gloss is great! All natural ingredients, and hypoallergenic, plus they have a 14 day money back guarantee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    3d Mascara Younique & 3d Fiber Lashes Younique

    ReplyDelete