Monday, September 15, 2014

My foundation routine! 💗

A lot of you have been asking about my foundation routine... So I've finally decided to take the time to blog about it for all of you! I am going to list some of my favorite drugstore products in the order of which I use them and describe how I apply them the best that I can! If anyone wants to know what my favorite high ends are at the moment feel free to DM me on Twitter, Instagram or send me an email to KeepItKittenish@gmail.com 💋 Love you all! 

First and foremost... With the cooler months approaching us (faster than we wish they would)... It's important to prime your skin! If your skin is dry, all of those flakes and patches will immediately cake when your foundation is applied! I love L'Oreal True Match Light Infusing Primer just for a little extra glow! When applying a primer... I like to use my hands. Make sure you pat this into the areas that are the driest and to where your pores are the most visible. If you don't pat and you rub... You can cause some unwanted redness and tugging on your skin is never good! 
Now that we've prepped and primed our skin... It's time to apply our foundation! I love the glow that L'Oreal True Match lumi gives my skin! However, if you're an oily girl... Stick to the regular True Match foundation so you don't end up looking like you rubbed oil all over your face an hour after all of this work! 
Using this Custom Coverage Buffing Brush by Eco Tools... I then pump about 3 pumps onto the back of my hand and push some product into the brush and start pressing it into my skin. Once I have stippled it into my skin, I will then use circular motions to buff it in everywhere. Don't forget to put a little under your chin and blend into your neck. You never want that dreaded "line"! 
After my foundation is completely applied I will then use this little gem! Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer is a great concealer for hiding those dark under eye circles that most of us women are blessed with. I also love the applicator! Always go SLIGHTLY lighter than your foundation, never darker, to brighten your under eye area. Place this under my eyes... On my lids... Down the center of my nose... In the center of my chin... And a little in the center of my forehead. 
I then take one of these bad boys and soak it under water... Squeeze it out.. And start blending all of that concealer into my foundation. You always want to pat and press with a beauty blender! Besides, you don't want to move that concealer away from where you placed it! You're just trying to blend it in so it matches beautifully! 
Immediately, you will want to set all of your work with a setting powder! I like to use a large fluffy brush and really focus on where the concealer was placed. A little bit goes a very long way with a loose powder but if you don't set it.. All of your concealer will move into places you might not want it or away from the areas you do. The main reason why I focus on the areas where the concealer is... And not really anywhere else is so I can remain dewy and luminous in the places where only foundation is applied. Again, if you are oily, you're going to want to set your entire face with the powder. 
My favorite brush to use for this job is this  Large Powder Brush by Eco Tools. So soft and works really really well with loose powders as well as compact powders. 
Now... To bronzer. I love this Matte Bronzer by NYX Cosmetics! It's amazing and wears all day! I like to use the medium shade to contour with a brush like this...
This Domed Bronzer Brush by Eco tools is amazing. I'll kind of pinch the head of the brush between my fingers and contour under my cheekbones. When contouring... You're going to want to start almost at your hairline under your cheekbones and bring it in about 1 inch away from the corners of your mouth. Bringing it in any further than that can age you... We don't want that. I'll then put a little everywhere else the sun hits. I usually don't add extra product on the brush for this but I'll place some on my temples... The tip of my nose and my chin. 
This is one of my FAVORITE blushes of ALL time! Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso is an amazing pinky, coral blush with a touch of luminosity. Not really glitter or shimmer... But just a gorgeous glow. 
Using this Angled Blush Brush to apply... Start above your contoured area near the hairline and start there and bring a light sweep over the apples of your cheeks. A LOT of girls make the mistake of just applying blush to the apples of their cheeks and it ends up fading away rather quickly and leaving you with two small pink circles. Not. Too. Flattering. 
Here's your last step, ladies! From about an arms length away spray this setting spray about two times all over your face and let dry naturally! Your makeup will NOT move. I promise! 

I hope you all enjoyed this blog! I hope you learned something new that you can do to help create a beautiful flawless face that lasts all day! Remember... KeepItKittenish 💋😻💋








1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just curious to what colors you used in the concealer & foundation?

    ReplyDelete